![]() |
| (image via Pinterest) |
Italian Sausage Stew----serves 8
2lbs Italian sausage links-casings removed
6c water
8 medium potatoes cut into bite size pieces
4 med carrots sliced
4 celery stalks chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 can tomato paste
1 can of stewed tomatoes (I like Italian blend and sometimes chopped fresh tomatoes if I have them)
2tbsp Worcestershire
1tsp dried basil
1tsp oregano
5 beef bullion cubes
salt/pepper to taste
In large stock pot or dutch oven, heat about 1tbsp olive oil
Cut sausage into about 1in pieces (casings removed) and add to oil
Cook until brown
Add water and all remaining ingredients to pot and simmer over medium heat for about 45mins or until veggies are tender.
Extra tasty with a buttered onion bagel for dippin :)

Hey its tareva! So coool to see you posting recipes! I love reading and trying different ones, too :) I wonder if one could remove the sausage and beef cubes and sub with veggie both.. Do you think it could have a similar effect? I want to try it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, T! I think you could totally sub w/ the veggie broth. I'm sure it would be different, but delicious as a veggie stew. Let me know how it turns out!!
ReplyDelete